Friday, August 19, 2016

Storybook Favorites

LSD in a Yellow Submarine
Image from LSD in a Yellow Submarine.

I thought this story was fascinating. I know a very general amount of information about drugs as medicine, but not as much about recreational drugs. I love that the author addressed a typically taboo topic, and turned it into an interesting story. The title is creative and grabbed my attention. The layout of the page does a great job of integrating with the story being told. The introduction immediately grabbed my attention and made me want to read more. The only suggestion I might have added with the page is that they included more creative pictures. I really enjoyed this story and page!


Image of the Amityville Horror House.

I have always loved horror movies. I was introduced to them when I was pretty young, and my fascination with them has only grown since. I am familiar with the original Amityville Horror story, as well as some of the inspired stories. This page immediately caught my attention with the allusion to the original story! The layout fits nicely with the theme, with dark colors that set an eerie mood. The navigation around this page is simple and user-friendly. I wanted to keep reading this story when I finished it. I really appreciated this story and page design! 


Image from the Author's story "Ghost on the Tracks".
These stories were particularly fun. I loved how the author made several different stories under one theme. I really loved how he told them as "campfire stories". The layout was good for the most part, but some of the images were not aligned correctly on the page, so it took away from the overall cohesive-ness of the page. I would have probably included more pictures with the stories to give the reader a better image of what I was trying to portray. I also think the colors could have been chosen better to fit the theme. Overall, I loved this idea and how he executed it!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you picked projects here to show you the variety of topics and approaches that people take: it's pretty amazing how each project turns out so different from all the rest. The LSD one was a hoot, and the student who wrote that was working both with science and storytelling traditions, which made it even more fun to read. I've been teaching this class for forever (well, over 10 years... which is forever online), and every semester, the projects go in all kinds of new directions. I hope you will enjoy brainstorming your own project ideas in the weeks to come! If you are interested in ghosts, Halloween and ghostly projects are always a great option for Fall semester. :-)

    ReplyDelete