Saturday, August 20, 2016

Growth Mindset

Hi, all!

I just watched Carol Dweck's videos on the "Growth Mindset", and in this post I'll be discussing some of my thoughts about her research and the concept of fixed mindsets vs growth mindsets. 

This is my first time actually watching these videos and studying the concepts, but I feel as if I am familiar with the concept. 

I really liked this image from this source
It helps specify what having a growth mindset really means.


I feel like I do have a growth mindset, as I have achieved more in college than I really thought was possible in high school due to some very hard work and dedication. I have failed many times, and although initially I thought it meant that I wasn't good enough, I have figured out how to put things into perspective. Being a biology/pre-medicine student isn't always easy, and it definitely puts my strength to the test at times. But, I have never left a learning opportunity behind. 

I thought this was a clever way to remind yourself that you need to put things in perspective.

This was my thinking process while I was studying long hours for the MCAT all last semester.
(tweeted by @RISDGT via twitter)


I am definitely interested in learning more about this mindset, as I believe that it can really help me through medical school and into my future profession. I hope to become better at admitting if I don't know something, or if I need help, because I can be kind of stubborn at times. I think developing this mindset will help me in many aspects of my life!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment