Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Reading A: Inferno

I chose this unit because I've always been fascinated with Dante's Inferno- I know I can find a great story from this! I might want to do an election style story, to keep in context with my reality.
Right off the bat, I think it's interesting that this is in first person. I feel like I'll be able to connect with the characters better this way. I could create a character that used to be human, but is no longer, and is now turned into an animal (election candidates turning into animals). Virgil guided him through hell- someone guiding me through election hell. "Forsake all Hope, All You That Enter Here" is a great way to start this hellish piece. I could include getting stuck in Limbo, where you have to forever justify your election decision, and never escape the election. Meet people along the way that mislead me and interfere with my decision. I could name the sinners, and call out everything the candidates did. How each candidate represents the seven deadly sins. 

Nine Circles of Hell


Bibliography:
Dante's Inferno from Dante's Divine Comedy, translated by Tony Kline

No comments:

Post a Comment