Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wikipedia Trail: From Waffles to Wind Power

Hi, all!

This week I started out with 'Waffles' from a tweet about free waffles at OU in the twitter feed.
Did you know the word waffle first appeared in the English language in 1725? Can you imagine going that long without waffles?!


Next, I went to 'Toise'. A toise is a unit of measurement of length, area, and volume from pre-revolutionary France. It is equal to about 2 meters, but the actual measurement fluctuated throughout time.

Then, I was led to the page on 'Quebec', which is the second most populous province in Canada. This is the only Canadian province to speak mainly French.

Finally, I checked out 'Wind Power'. This is a hot topic in Oklahoma, as the "wind comes sweeping down the plains".

Emily

1 comment:

  1. I felt like the Wikipedia Trails exercise was fun the one time I tried it, but it turns out it’s really entertaining to read, too. It’s more entertaining to see where it starts and ends when you’re not the one who wrote it, so you don’t know where it’s going—kind of like watching a game of “Telephone” unfold. I ended up coming to this post because I’d already commented on your introduction, but I may start checking out other Wikipedia Trail posts for extra commenting, because this was really interesting. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete