Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Feedback Focus

I would rank these three strategies in terms of usefulness like so:

1) Copy and Delete- This could helpful when I am reading large science reviews or research papers, although I would probably keep the original paragraph to reference for details or more information.

2) Reading Out Loud- I tend pick up little details better when I read out loud slowly then when I read quickly and quietly to myself. This strategy can also help me pick up on mistakes in my writing.

3) Use a Timer- This technique is helpful, but it doesn't always fit for the task or reading at hand. If the timer goes off before I feel like I have gotten the job done, then I try to rush to get it finished.

I did find that all three of these strategies helped my to focus better on the writing, rather than just reading without any strategy. I like to take notes when I'm reading, which fits in with the 'Copy and Delete' strategy. When I review my notes, I tend to pick up on even more than when I read through the first time, and I get a better picture of the reading overall.

I would also recommend 'visualizing' the reading as a focusing strategy. I love to picture the setting and the characters almost like a movie in my mind- and it usually keeps me focused on the reading!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment